Spring is right around the corner and I don’t know about y’all, but I am SO excited to bust out some Spring dresses. Inspired by the new season, I thought it would be cool to share five dress trends for Spring 2018 in a few styles that I personally love.
- SHINE – It’s your time to shine ladies! This season’s “satin + shine” trend is all about elevating a simple silhouette with a sheen material. I really love the Eye of Horus mini dress from Zhivago because it reminds me of the dress I wore last year at the KIIS Jingle Ball that had a similar metallic finish. It’s glamorous without being overwhelming, which I really like.
- SATURATION – Bring on the bold! Spring is all about color and this season’s saturated trend definitely reflects that. I have really been getting into wearing more vibrant colors, which you guys saw on one of my previous blogs about color-blocking and the dress I just wore to the iHeart Radio Awards. Inspired by the iHeart Radio dress, I chose this hot pink “Mandy” dress from Milly because it has a simple shape and keeps the accessories minimal.
- WRAPPED – Made famous by fashion designer, Diane Von Furstenberg, the wrap dress has become an iconic piece in women’s fashion. This Spring, the wrap is back and it’s having a major moment! I was particularly drawn to this little red lace number by Hot As Hell which is very feminine and sexy. The ruffle detail with the lace makes me want to go salsa dancing and be spun all over the dance floor. Olé!
- GINGHAM – Ok, trying really hard to tune out that “Gangnam Style” song from Psy right now LOL. Because I am talking about Gingham style! This print has been really popular recently, mostly seen on tops like this one, but now it’s time for dresses to have a turn. The Gabriel dress from Lovers + Friends is super cute and it also comes in the wrap style. You’ll be the trendiest babe in the room with just one outfit!
- PASTEL – On the flipside of the saturated trend, pastels and dusty tones are also making a statement this Spring. Pastels are just always sweet and romantic which go hand-in-hand with Springtime. The dress I went with to show off this trend is Free People’s One Bastille dress, a retro-inspired, lightweight mini dress featuring crochet lace trim along the sleeves and bodice. I love me a little boho moment and the lighter color makes this dress easy to pair with other pieces.
And there you have it! Five of my favorite trends for trying out in Spring 2018. I hope y’all enjoyed the picks and have fun shopping for your new dresses with these styles in mind. Until next time!